Welcome to the Green Deal Insulation Website
For Green Deal Insulation Advice and Green Deal Insuilation information.
The UK Green Deal Scheme is now live!
What is the UK Green Deal Scheme?
"The Green Deal will become the most ambitious home improvement programme since the second world war" - Greg Barker - UK Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change
The UK Government has just launched the UK Green Deal Scheme for green deal insulation. The UK Green Deal Scheme makes it possible for millions of homes and businesses to have energy efficient improvements and green deal insualtion up to approx £10,000 at little or NO UP FRONT COST TO YOU. Energy efficient improvements such as cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, solid wall insulation, condensing boilers, floor insulation, draught proofing, energy efficient glazing and doors, electric storage heaters, solar heat panels, photovoltaic PV panels, ground source heat pumps can be installed.
The Government have pledged £200m to kick start the Green Deal Scheme - this might be in the form of £150 "Cash Back" to early customers or even Green Deal council tax discount - a council tax rebate for having a Green Deal done on your property (to be confirmed).
The Green Deal Scheme is NOT to be means tested as the Green Deal debt will be attached to your property's electricity bill and not to you or your actual property. So if you move away from the property the debt stays as a charge on the electricity bill and NOT as a charge on you or your property.
The Green Deal Scheme will enable Green Deal Providers (such as private firms, utililty firms, local councils and charities) to offer these energy efficiency improvements to you by giving you access to up to approx. £10,000 in Green Deal Finance. There will be little or NO UP FRONT COST to you. Pay back for the Green Deal finance will be recouped by instalments, over 25 years or less, from a charge made on your electricity bill.
As an example: by installing more loft insulation, insulating your cavity walls, replacing your old boiler, installing a room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves you will have lowered your energy bills and be able to use the savings you have made to pay back the Green Deal Finance- You pay back as you save.
There are currently 45 Green Deal improvements you can be eliglble to have installed - e.g.cavity wall insulation, solar panels, loft/rafter insulation, etc)
Find out more from Green Deal DECC policy. All Green Deal Scheme work must meet the Green Deal Golden Rule.
How Do I Apply for the UK Green Deal Scheme?
Step 1 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Instuct a Green Deal Advisor
- Based on your current lifestyle energy usage the Green Deal Advisor will be able to give you impartial Green Deal Advice and recommendations on how to improve your property's energy efficiency. The Green Deal Advisor will produce a Green Deal Report. From the Green Deal Report your taylor-made Green Deal Plan will be created.
- All Green Deal Advice given by Green Deal Advisors must be impartial, but they can be employed by Utility Companies and other companies so always check if they are being paid commission etc once their impartial advice has finished. There will be a 24 hour cooling off period before you can decide to proceed.
Step 2 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Provider
- The Green Deal Plan will be fully portable so you are free to choose ANY Green Deal Provider - you do NOT have to use your current electricity supplier. Different Green Deal Providers may offer different incentives. It is the role of a Green Deal Provider to give you access to up to approx. £10,000 Green Deal Finance (but you could qualifiy for more than £10,000 in accordance with the Green Deal Plan you select).
- A Green Deal Provider will help you understand how the Green Deal Finance will work for you, how your property will qualify for the Green Deal Finance and how the Green Deal Finance will be paid back.
- To receive no obligation quotes from Green Deal Providers please CLICK HERE
Step 3 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Installer
- Once your Green Deal Provider has the Green Deal Finance in place a Green Deal Installer can then be instucted. You will be able to choose and instruct your own Green Deal Installer -The Green Deal fully portable and has been designed to give you total freedom to choose at each stage who you want to use.
- Your Green Deal Installers will fit the pre-agreed Green Deal energy effiicency recommendations, in accordance with your Green Deal Plan. Green Deal Installers will be paid directly by the Green Deal Provider, using your Green Deal Finance.
- To receive no obligation quotes from Green Deal Installers please click here
- Please note: Only Green Deal Accredited Assessors, Green Deal Accredited Providers and Green Deal Accredited Installers can give Green Deal Advice, Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Installations. All must adhere to a strict Green Deal Code.
* due to demand your assessment may not be performed until late March
Green Deal Insulation, Green Deal Insulation Installer, Green Deal Installer
There is no charge to you for using our referral service. We are paid by charging advisor/provider/installer/training companies a fee for this referral service. Any advice or assistance given to you by a third party company does not represent Green Deal Scheme Ltd advice or assistance and is not checked or endorsed by Green Deal Scheme Ltd. It is your decision whether or not you act on any advice or assistance you are given. Any contract agreed is with you and your chosen advsisor/provider/installer/training company. Green Deal Scheme Ltd expressly denies and excludes all liability of any nature in the respect of the use or misuse of this website
- Take your time in making a decision - If you are promised a 'special discount' or 'time limited' offer don't be tempted to sign up straightaway. Shop around with different businesses to make sure you get a good deal. Remember: you can ask a salesperson to leave your home at any time.
- Double check the facts - Check the product is suitable for your home, whether you are eligible for any grants towards the cost of installation, and the basis of any claims about potential energy savings or benefits. Only agree to go ahead if you're entirely satisfied.
- Know what you are signing - Check whether you are signing a contract or just agreeing to a survey or a quote. Give yourself enough time to read all the paperwork, and ask questions if you are unclear about anything. Don't sign if you are unsure about doing so.
- Know your cancellation rights - Where you buy on your doorstep or in your home and you spend more than £35, you usually have seven calendar days to change your mind and cancel, and can get back any money you have already paid, including a deposit - the 'cooling off' period. The cooling off period starts on the day you are given your written cancellation notice by the salesperson. Think carefully before you agree to any work starting during the cooling off period - you can still cancel but may have to pay a reasonable amount.
- Know your rights if things go wrong - Make sure you know what you can do if things go wrong. Contact Citizens Advice for information and advice on your legal rights.